SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and content writing is an integral part of SEO and online marketing. In the recent times, companies from various countries outsource SEO to other countries and companies, particularly to digital optimization specialists. SEO content writing can vary from articles, blogs to descriptions. Digital optimization specialists research and figure out the relevant keywords before writing on the topic they want to address and use them in their write-ups. They also make sure that every word they write is informative. SEO specialists maintain originality and their creations are free of grammatical errors.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION – A VITAL SKILL
SEO is the way to achieve traffic from most popular search engine results. Most of the key search engines like Bing, Google and Yahoo display the content in their search results based on the optimization and relevance levels. This relevance is decided by the search engines by the frequency of a topic being searched by the users around the globe. But to know what SEO actually means, let’s try breaking the definition down into two parts:
- The quality of traffic: If you’re attracting people who are genuinely interested in your website or blog or the product that you offer, good for you. You’re already halfway there. But even if you’re attracting half the world, if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them that you’re something you’re not, that is not quality traffic. For instance, let’s say you have an apple farm, and Google suggests you as a resource provider to the Apple. Inc to the users. That will not be quality
- The quantity of traffic: Although we mostly follow the ‘quality not quantity’ rule, here is an exception where both are of equal As long as you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages also known as SERPs, the more the traffic, the better.
SEO IN ACTION
Here are a few strategies or tips that good digital optimization specialists follow:
- Start working with analytics: Research on the various analytics tools you can
- Analyze the competition: Understand the competition for the content you are writing on, and the competition for the keywords you have thought to
- Understand the reader / buyer and create a persona: Understand the type of content, the tone and the length required for your ideal Ask yourself, who is he who will benefit the most from your content.
- Brainstorm, strategize and narrow down keywords: Compare the various parameters such as CPC, Popularity and Length to narrow down the list of keywords. Divide them to primary and secondary keywords. Put them in an excel sheet and track the number of times you are using
- Target keywords: Choose the keywords according to the type of reader, put them in appropriate locations such that the keywords can the attention
- Sprinkle the right number of keywords: Read the articles in your genre and find out the average keyword density. Typically, it is 1 – 3% for every article (primary keywords) and secondary keywords appear once in the
- Add the best title tags: Put your primary keyword once in the title of the
- Optimize with meta descriptions: Create an attractive snipper / meta – description for your article such that the readers will want to enter and read more. Typically, it is less than 155 characters so that the entire snippet shows up. Highlight what’s inside, the benefit for the user and the call to
- Add outbound and inbound links: Add useful links to other websites such that your users can know more about the You can also request other websites in your genre to add links to your website if you are providing something extra than what they are providing.